Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A new dress for Taylor

I made a new dress for Taylor today. Okay, it's almost done...I still have to hem it...and I really don't like hemming :) I found this tutorial online and thought it was so cute that I had to try it. I made a couple of changes (the straps mainly) though. Since it will be a fall dress I thought she needed a little more coverage. I'll try to post a picture of her actually in it soon. I'm sure it will be way cuter on her than on a hanger!

Eric's old dress shirt

cut it all up

the back of the shirt - which becomes the font of the dress


now it can button down the back


top of the pocket became the ruffle on the front



cuffs became the sleeves


Back of the dress - still need hemming

Top front

Tada!

3 comments:

Matthew, Nikki, Luke and Lily said...

You amaze me! I wish I had the ability (not to mention the drive) to do half the stuff you do. The dress looks adorable - can't wait to see it on Taylor!

Andrea said...

That is ADORABLE!!!

Anonymous said...

What a darling idea...especially being made from her daddy's shirt. You are so talented!

Kay