Pages

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas from our family to yours! We had a wonderful Christmas with some of our family at our house this year. Santa was really good to us all! The kids received a swingset (courtesy of LOTS of help from a couple of elves!), a firetruck for Jacob, and a play kitchen for Taylor. Of course, Taylor woke up before dawn so she had to wait a couple of hours to see what Santa had left outside. She was pretty surprised when she finally was able to see it and I was thrilled that Santa managed to get it here and assembled in time for Christmas and without the kids knowing!

After the excitement of Santa and unwrapping gifts, Eric's grandparents, mom, brother and sister in law, niece, and aunt and uncle came over. We all got to spend some good time together visiting and had a big dinner that night. I decided to try a new recipe and made 9 Cornish hens from the Southern Living 2010 Christmas book. They turned out great as did everything else that was made and brought by everyone!

I'm looking forward to more picture taking and editing this year, too! I now have a new 60 mm macro lens and the newest version of photoshop to work with!! I'm also learning to use my Bamboo Fun tablet which should be a big help with PS5 and I'm loving the new camera bag/purse that Eric gave me.

One of the more exciting things to look forward to for us is that we are upgrading our internet service next week. We didn't realize just how slow ours was until we started shopping around. That's one of the reasons I'm so slow to post on the blog. The pictures take forever to upload! So, with our new faster service, I should be able to share more with you:)

I hope you all have a Happy New Year!



Taylor climbing on the new playground from Santa.




"Junior", our elf, keeping watch. I'm sad to see him go, and can't wait for his return next year!


Boo Bear in his new firetruck from Santa. (He's also wearing Jaxon's fireman's hat!) He loves anything with wheels and buttons!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
I recently came across your blog and wanted to take a moment of your time to inquire about any guest posting opportunities that you may have on your blog. I've written an informational and educational article on the importance of early childhood education that I believe your readers of (http://magnoliaalarids.blogspot.com/) would be interested in.
Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Emily
epatterson@primroseschools.com