Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Blog Ring

So, I wanted to get some feedback about what you think of a Blog Ring. Basically, you join the "ring" and then everyone who is on the same ring can hit a "next" button and go the the next person on the ring's blog. I find myself always checking out our friends' blogs but then I sometimes have to go back to my blog to click on the link for another blog. Does any of this make sense??
So, RingSurf is a company that hosts Rings where you can create your own ring and monitor and accept only those members that you want on your ring. (so random people couldn't just join our ring!) I've already created a ring to try it out so if you want to join it do the following:
Click on "Magnolia" over on the right. (Right above "Powered by Ringsurf") This will take you to the Ringsurf page. Scroll down just a bit and click on join this ring. You'll have to add a "Page Element" to your blog and paste the code that Ringsurf provides in the HTML/Javascript area of your page element so that the Banner will show up. Then when I approve you as a member our blogs will be linked through the ring and if all of our friends are on there we can see all the blogs quickly.
Okay, so if you think this is a dumb idea or way to much work just let me know and I will abandon it. Just thought it was worth a try. Also, if I haven't explained this enough give me a call!

2 comments:

Doziers said...

Count me in!

Love,
Juli & Ella

Matthew, Nikki, Luke and Lily said...

I love it! I have the same problem, so this is perfect!